Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm Back!!!

I'm back, and after two days down at Williamsburg, I'm pretty tired. As you all probably know, we went down there to compete against other bands in our same division. Turns out, we got the best rating from the judges (Superior) and won the competition. We were all expecting to get a good rating, because at the end of one of our songs, we could hear one judge saying, "Excellent, great ending". Then, the next day, we got to go to the park. George and I started out in a group with Spenser, Bryson, Calvin, and Danny. But then, as we were in line to go on the sky lift, we saw Leah and Elena, who-after the lift-convinced us to go with them. So, we walked around for a little while going on some rides, and then we found this one stand. It was a simple game. All you have to do is pay the guy (Josh, who became a friend of ours later) three bucks, and you get to pick a duck out of the water. Whatever color is on the bottom of the duck decides which size duck you get. Yellow=Small, Red=Medium, Green=Large, and Blue=Jumbo. I ended up with a jumbo duck, not because picked a blue duck, but because you could trade two ducks of the same size in for a duck of the larger size. After we finished playing that game, we went to the awards ceremony, where we found out we won and all that. Then, George and I, who were supposed to be in a group of four or more, were walking around the duck game when we noticed a tent right across from the ducks. So, we went in there to find out what was in there. There was this one game that had the prize of a giant penguin. There was no way I would not play that game. Of course I won, because with an incentive like that, there was no way I could lose. Then, five minutes before we were going to start walking, I had to play the duck game. So, I ended up coming home a giant duck, a giant penguin, a small duck, and a trophy for our band. Not bad.

-Tommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when you were there did you eat chicken




P.S. I'm hilarious